- Quick Start
- Table Design
- Data Loading
- Data Export
- Using StarRocks
- SQL Reference
- User Account Management
- Cluster Management
- ADMIN CANCEL REPAIR
- ADMIN CHECK TABLET
- ADMIN REPAIR
- ADMIN SET CONFIG
- ADMIN SET REPLICA STATUS
- ADMIN SHOW CONFIG
- ADMIN SHOW REPLICA DISTRIBUTION
- ADMIN SHOW REPLICA STATUS
- ALTER CLUSTER
- ALTER SYSTEM
- CANCEL DECOMMISSION
- CREATE CLUSTER
- CREATE FILE
- DROP CLUSTER
- DROP FILE
- INSTALL PLUGIN
- SHOW BACKENDS
- SHOW BROKER
- SHOW FILE
- SHOW FRONTENDS
- SHOW FULL COLUMNS
- SHOW INDEX
- SHOW MIGRATIONS
- SHOW PLUGINS
- SHOW TABLE STATUS
- UNINSTALL PLUGIN
- ALTER DATABASE
- ALTER TABLE
- ALTER VIEW
- CANCEL ALTER
- CANCEL BACKUP
- CANCEL RESTORE
- CREATE DATABASE
- CREATE INDEX
- CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
- CREATE REPOSITORY
- CREATE RESOURCE
- CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
- CREATE TABLE LIKE
- CREATE TABLE
- CREATE VIEW
- CREATE FUNCTION
- DROP DATABASE
- DROP INDEX
- DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW
- DROP REPOSITORY
- DROP RESOURCE
- DROP TABLE
- DROP VIEW
- DROP FUNCTION
- SHOW RESOURCES
- SHOW FUNCTION
- TRUNCATE TABLE
- ALTER ROUTINE LOAD
- BROKER LOAD
- CANCEL LOAD
- GROUP BY
- PAUSE ROUTINE LOAD
- RESUME ROUTINE LOAD
- ROUTINE LOAD
- SHOW ALTER
- SHOW BACKUP
- SHOW DATA
- SHOW DATABASES
- SHOW DELETE
- SHOW DYNAMIC PARTITION TABLES
- SHOW EXPORT
- SHOW LOAD
- SHOW PARTITIONS
- SHOW PROPERTY
- SHOW REPOSITORIES
- SHOW RESTORE
- SHOW ROUTINE LOAD
- SHOW ROUTINE LOAD TASK
- SHOW SNAPSHOT
- SHOW TABLES
- SHOW TABLET
- SHOW TRANSACTION
- SPARK LOAD
- STOP ROUTINE LOAD
- STREAM LOAD
- Data Type
- Auxiliary Commands
- Function Reference
- Date Functions
- Geographic Functions
- String Functions
- Aggregation Functions
- Bitmap Functions
- Array Functions
- cast function
- hash function
- Crytographic Functions
- Date Functions
- System Variables
- Error Code
- System Limit
- SQL Reference
- Release Notes
This topic provides answers to some frequently asked questions about deployment.
For example, if you have two IP addresses: 192.168.108.23 and 192.168.108.43. You might provide IP addresses as follows:
- If you specify the addresses as 192.168.108.23/24, StarRocks will recognize them as 192.168.108.43.
- If you specify the addresses as 192.168.108.23/32, StarRocks will recognize them as 127.0.0.1.
There are the following two ways to solve this problem:
- Do not add "32" at the end of an IP address or change "32" to "28".
- You can also upgrade to StarRocks 2.1 or later.
Why does the error "StarRocks BE http service did not start correctly, exiting" occur when I start a backend (BE) after installation?
When installing a BE, the system reports a startup error: StarRocks Be http service did not start correctly, exiting.
This error occurs because the web services port of the BE is occupied. Try to modify the ports in the
be.conf file and restart the BE.
What do I do when the error occurs: ERROR 1064 (HY000): Could not initialize class com.starrocks.rpc.BackendServiceProxy?
This error occurs when you run programs in Java Runtime Environment (JRE). To solve this problem, replace JRE with Java Development Kit (JDK). We recommend that you use Oracle's JDK 1.8 or later.
Why does the error "Failed to Distribute files to node" occur when I deploy StarRocks of Enterprise Edition and configure nodes?
This error occurs when Setuptools versions installed on multiple frontends (FEs) are inconsistent. To solve this problem, you can execute the following command as a root user.
yum remove python-setuptools rm /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptool* -rf wget https://bootstrap.pypa.io/ez_setup.py -O - | python
Can FE and BE configurations of StarRocks be modified and then take effect without restarting the cluster?
Yes. Perform the following steps to complete the modifications for an FE and a BE:
- FE: You can complete the modification for an FE in one of the following ways:
ADMIN SET FRONTEND CONFIG ("key" = "value");
ADMIN SET FRONTEND CONFIG ("enable_statistic_collect" = "false");
curl --location-trusted -u username:password http://ip:fe_http_port/api/_set_config?key=value
curl --location-trusted -u root:root http://192.168.110.101:8030/api/_set_config?enable_statistic_collect=true
- BE: You can complete the modification for a BE in the following way:
curl -XPOST -u username:password http://ip:be_http_port/api/update_config?key=value
Note: Make sure that the user has permission to log in remotely. If not, you can grant the permission to the user in the following way:
CREATE USER 'test'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '123456'; GRANT SELECT_PRIV ON . TO 'test'@'%';
What do I do if the following error occurs: Failed to get scan range, no queryable replica found in tablet:11903
This error occurs when a BE does not have enough disk space to load data from Flink. The data cannot be distributed evenly to all disks after disk expansion.
Patches to this bug is still under active development. Currently, you can troubleshoot it in the following two ways:
- Manually distributing data on all disks.
- If the data on these disks is not important, we recommend deleting the disks. After you delete the disks and switch the disk directory, this error occurs again. You can then truncate the 11903 table to solve it.
Why does the error "Fe type:unknown ,is ready :false." occur when I start an FE during the cluster restart?
Check if the leader FE is running. If not, restart the FE nodes in your cluster one by one.
Check if OpenSSH Daemon (sshd) is enabled. If not, run the
/etc/init.d/sshd`` status command to enable it.
Why does the error "Fail to get master client from
cache. ``host= port=0 code=THRIFT_RPC_ERROR" occur when I start a BE?
netstat -anp |grep port command to check whether the ports in the
be.conf file are occupied. If so, replace the occupied port with a free port and then restart the BE.
Why does the error "Failed to transport upgrade files to agent host. src:…" occur when I upgrade a cluster of the Enterprise Edition?
This error occurs when the disk space specified in the deployment directory is insufficient. During the cluster upgrade, the StarRocks Manager distributes the binary file of the new version to each node. If the disk space specified in the deployment directory is insufficient, the file cannot be distributed to each node. To solve this problem, add data disks.
Why does the FE node log on the diagnostics page of StarRocks Manager display "Search log failed." for a newly deployed FE node that is running properly?
By default, StarRocks Manager obtains the path configuration of the newly deployed FE within 30 seconds. This error occurs when the FE starts slowly or does not respond within 30 seconds due to other reasons. Check the log of Manager Web via the path:
/starrocks-manager-xxx/center/log/webcenter/log/web/``drms.INFO(you can customize the path). Then find that whether the message "Failed to update FE configurations" display in the log. If so, restart the corresponding FE to obtain the new path configuration.
This error occurs when the time difference between two machines is more than 5s. To solve this problem, align the time of these two machines.
storage_root_path parameter in the
be.conf file and separate values of this parameter with
;. For example:
If you do not add the
--helper option for this FE when starting your cluster for the first time, the metadata between two machines is inconsistent, thus this error occurs. To solve this problem, you need to clear all metadata under the meta directory and then add an FE with the
This issue occurs when more than half of memory of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is used and no checkpoint is marked. In general, a checkpoint will be marked after the system accumulates 50,000 pieces of log. We recommend that you modify the JVM's parameters of each FE and restarting these FEs when they are not heavily loaded.
- How do I bind a fixed IP address with the priority_networks parameter in the fe.conf file?
- Why does the error "StarRocks BE http service did not start correctly, exiting" occur when I start a backend (BE) after installation?
- Can StarRocks run on SUSE 12SPS?
- What do I do when the error occurs: ERROR 1064 (HY000): Could not initialize class com.starrocks.rpc.BackendServiceProxy?
- Why does the error "Failed to Distribute files to node" occur when I deploy StarRocks of Enterprise Edition and configure nodes?
- Can FE and BE configurations of StarRocks be modified and then take effect without restarting the cluster?
- What do I do if the following error occurs: Failed to get scan range, no queryable replica found in tablet:11903
- Why does the error "Fe type:unknown ,is ready :false." occur when I start an FE during the cluster restart?
- Why does the error "failed to get service info err." occur when I deploy the cluster?
- Why does the error "Fail to get master client from cache. ``host= port=0 code=THRIFT_RPC_ERROR" occur when I start a BE?
- Why does the error "Failed to transport upgrade files to agent host. src:…" occur when I upgrade a cluster of the Enterprise Edition?
- Why does the FE node log on the diagnostics page of StarRocks Manager display "Search log failed." for a newly deployed FE node that is running properly?
- Why does the error "exceeds max permissable delta:5000ms." occur when I start an FE?
- How do I set the storage_root_path parameter if there are multiple disks in a BE for data storage?
- Why does the error "invalid cluster id: 209721925." occur after an FE is added to my cluster?
- Why Alive is false when an FE is running and prints log transfer: follower?